The rule of 3 R’s is a waste management method to reduce pollution, reduce the use of natural resources, and delay the disposing and purchasing cost. When we stock up our old favorites in our store, we land up adding clutters and to get rid of these mess DIY ideas to reuse outdated things can be like the master cards used to pick something new.
Let’s get started by picking the best from the 5 DIY reusability ideas listed below.
1. OLD FRIDGE – People have sentimental values attached to a few of their things at home. When these kinds of stuff become old and stop working it’s very painful for them to dispose of it. It’s always possible to keep back these things with you by just reusing them, giving a DIY touch. It’s always wise to add up a little space in your home for placing things for the right use, rather than throwing it up into the storehouse. If you too are planning to go for the same, then why not use your old fridge by transforming it into an airtight kitchen cabinet for storing up your pantry or as a bookcase that can be an ideal setup for your study. It would be helpful to banish the unwanted clutter by organizing it neatly. Add some decorative pieces on top to enhance its look.
2. BABY CRIBS – Babies outgrow very fast with a blink. We are emotionally attached to our baby stuff and don’t like to dispose nor do we feel handing it over to anyone so we try storing it. DIY ideas can always come to our rescue for reusing old stuff. Swing it up by adding a few cushions and hanging chains after repainting it. Lounge it up, adding some throw pillows and a seating cushion pad to make the sitting comfortable. This can add up to the decor of your house by being useful.
3. IRON BOARD – If you have an old unused iron table lying unused and is accumulating dust then these DIY ideas can light up your house with a new look by transforming the old iron board into something useful. The old worn-out fabric can be replaced or covered by a linen spread on it, later can serve as your work table, study table or coffee table which can be useful both for adults or kids, due to its adjustable feature. A touch of paint can set it ready for use as a pinboard that can be, hooked on the wall or can be placed in one of the corners of your room, upside down. DIY ideas to reuse outdated things are like magic tricks meant for the transformation of things to some other form.
4. A MODISH SINK STAND WITH OLD BICYCLE AND SINK – Recycling can be great fun when the outcome is beautiful and surprising. Creative ideas cultivated for transformation can be something out of the box. To upgrade your old cycle or sink try repainting it and place the sink on a wooden plank fixed to the bicycle that can support the sink as a stand.
5. REVAMP OLD CHAIRS – “Old is Gold”, so revamping can be helpful to get useful things from waste items, like your old chairs revamped into sofas, closets or wall mounted cloth hangers. This can full fill your desire, of being the owner of some lavish custom pieces at home without spending much.
These quick and easy DIY recycling ideas can give a quick makeover to salvage discarded stuff and retrieve decorative items from outdated items.